Yamaha YZF R125 Forum and Owners Club: Friendly bike community for all. Engine Code Please Help? | R125 Forum
Change
  1. BOTM Winner
    Congratulations grayej! You are the winner of November's BOTM competition!

Please visit the BOTM section to see more entries, or to enter this month.

Click here to enter!

Engine Code Please Help?

Discussion in 'Technical / Mechanical Discussion' started by Bikerlad90, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Hello follow bikers. Can you please help as I went on a ride this morning as it’s the only good day we have had and my Speedo when form 67ish mph to 0mph and then the engine light come on, so pulled over nuffing seemed off so got back home and this was the light code... can someone help me in what I need to do to fix it?

Many thanks
  2. R125Forum.com Advertisement

3. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Super Member

Current Bike (Optional):
    R125, R3, CBR929RR, R1
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    The engine management light is giving code 42.

Long slow flash = 10
    Quick flash = 1

Code 42 is the speed sensor located on the front wheel. The cable connects into the bikes wiring harness under the front of the nose cone. Try unplugging it and cleaning the two pins inside to see if it clears the fault. If the fault remains then you will have to remove the front wheel and try cleaning inside the wheel sensor. Other than this you will need a replacement part, which are not too expensive on eBay.
  4. Captain Slow

Current Bike (Optional):
    R125, R3, CBR929RR, R1
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
  5. Thank you captain slow that’s my job today then
    Captain Slow likes this.
  6. Captain Slow

Current Bike (Optional):
    R125, R3, CBR929RR, R1
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    It's an easy part to change providing you have bike stands. Mine went for a burton just like yours when I was on my home from work one evening. I was stationary at traffic lights when I noticed the engine management light though, which made me wonder if I had engine problems. When I realised it was the speed sensor I continued to use the bike for work for a few days until the replacement arrived. Providing you be careful about your speed that is.

I tried cleaning my faulty sensor and wiring but had no luck. By all means though give it a try as the electrics on these bikes are not best quality.
  7. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    had the same a while back - replacement sensor sorted it out but I rode without a speedo for 6+ months. Was strangely liberating, esp since speeding isn't exactly a problem on the R125. my biggest issue was how to get the front off the ground reliably ;)

New sensors on ebay were pretty expensive but I got a tested used one and so far so good.
  8. Yeah I just got back in from looking at it, and I tryed cleaning it and that and noting still the same, I am going to buy that one now, and just download a speedo app and go for that for a few days

thanks guys