Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have a 19 plate and its just developed an electrical issue. When I turn it off, the electrics all suddenly kick in - the lights flicker, the dash stays on and the fan runs. I have to disconnect the battery to power off. The fan running tells me its not just a case of it wont switch off, the fan doesnt come on with the ignition unless its hot. Has anybody had a similar issue? Any ideas what the problem could be? Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
552 Posts
ridden in the rain recently? is that still under warranty even? if warranty then def proceed directly to yamaha.

If no warranty or you're finding you have to figure this on your own, it sounds a bit like the sort of problems you mght get with water in places it shouldn't be. Idk if it's the same on the gen3s but on the gen1 bikes under the right "neck/shoulder" panel there's a thick bunch of wires and plugs which handles the wiring loom for the lights, dash etc. There's rubber boots over the plugs in there but they're not really that effective so if you ride a lot in wet conditions water can get up in there and cause issues. Could be worth a look perhaps and maybe blasting out with compressed air if it's wet.perhaps wrapping in plastic if it's soaked.

Also mabe worth checking fuse box under the seat. It's unlikely to be an issue there as it should be well protected from wet and the bike is almost new so hopefully there shouldn't be any horrors in there but it's A Main Place where significant electrical stuff is controlled from so warrants a look if you're having continued problems..

hope that helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts