Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is calling out to Cameron or any mods that are reading... I just tried to read through my blog and out of 11 pages!! around 7-8 of them is pointless conversation that i do not really want to go through every time i wanna go back and see something i have put in my blog.

Can we please be able to edit our own threads or is it to complicated?

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
I get where Scott is coming from, it would be great if we could delete posts from our OWN blogs. I know Cameron set up the other blog section to stop that from occurring but I personally don't like the way it works. I prefer the old style. I have approx 24 pages and Im sure I could remove some pages that are pure chats. I'm not really fussed but would be nice if there one was able to few it if looking for something specific without having to search page by page...

Plus reporting them to get deleted by you guys is long too

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Yeah, can you please just report them?
Perhaps report the first and last post you wish deleted?

I can't give members the ability to delete OTHER people's posts, sorry.

But there is almost ALWAYS a moderator on-line, so I am sure there is someone online most the time who would be happy to help, and should be fairly fast.

Alternatively, you can use the purpose built blogging system, as people COMMENT on that in a way that doesn't interfere with the blog...
This is the reason I added it.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
T
I get where Scott is coming from, it would be great if we could delete posts from our OWN blogs. I know Cameron set up the other blog section to stop that from occurring but I personally don't like the way it works. I prefer the old style. I have approx 24 pages and Im sure I could remove some pages that are pure chats. I'm not really fussed but would be nice if there one was able to few it if looking for something specific without having to search page by page...

Plus reporting them to get deleted by you guys is long too
There is no way to allow permission for deleting other people's posts in just particular sections, it gets far too complicated and messy.

Plus it could also present diffucult situations in the future.
Not even the moderators can actually delete comments. They simply 'hide' them from public view.

I am still able to retrieve ALL deleted posts, as they are still visible to me.
meaning, if I ever need to read through something that was said, then I can.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Why not a extra in the site a group pages or group old posts.
a line say there is extra reply's you can view just click in this line, and if the person click the big tread just expand and show all pages, if not click the person only see the newest replys.
Sorry about my English if was not understand my post just say i will try to explain better.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I finish at quarter past 2 tomoz so after work i'll go through your blog and hide some posts for ya scott :microwave:

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gweglez said:
I finish at quarter past 2 tomoz so after work i'll go through your blog and hide some posts for ya scott :microwave:
Cheers mate I'd appreciate it. I only really want pics and anything worth reading. But so much random chatting as I'm sure blog could be a few pages instead of 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Bear in mind, some people wont appreciate suddenly loosing some of their post count ^^
AND, every post contributes towards our Google indexing...

What exactly don't you like about the new blog system?
It's basically the old system, but it shows only the content you publish, and then people COMMENT on it rather than reply to it.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fisher said:
Bear in mind, some people wont appreciate suddenly loosing some of their post count ^^
AND, every post contributes towards our Google indexing...

What exactly don't you like about the new blog system?
It's basically the old system, but it shows only the content you publish, and then people COMMENT on it rather than reply to it.
Ok if people lose there count then just leave it. Do not like other blog system and neither does anyone else by the looks of it as even you are not using it.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also people are not going to get directed to our site with mindless conversation. Why would people lose message count if you say the message is just being hidden from view?

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
tH
Also people are not going to get directed to our site with mindless conversation. Why would people lose message count if you say the message is just being hidden from view?

Well, we're not exactly using it to drive people to the site...
I used the term 'hiding' loosely. They ARE being deleted, just not permanently, and I can still see them if I wish.

By all means, clean your blog up! It really doesn't bother me.
Simply playing devil's advocate.

I like the new blog system, and when I get some more time on my hands, I would like to find a way to better integrate it with the rest of the site.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fisher said:
tH

Well, we're not exactly using it to drive people to the site...
I used the term 'hiding' loosely. They ARE being deleted, just not permanently, and I can still see them if I wish.

By all means, clean your blog up! It really doesn't bother me.
Simply playing devil's advocate.

I like the new blog system, and when I get some more time on my hands, I would like to find a way to better integrate it with the rest of the site.
It's cool I'll just leave it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts