Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hehe :) Yup, doubt I'll be getting any sleep tonight now :) Crappy day for a test ride, but damn if I wasn't grinning like the joker the whole time!

T-minus 12:16:00

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
D: Jealous.

Reactions: Gweglez

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ladieez & Gentlemen!

I am VERY pleased to introduce you to my new mistress!

As soon as I got her home, off came the boxes!

She's a 2006 Honda VFR800 VTEC A6, with ABS.
20K on the clock, Full Honda service history, including the biggy 16K.
R&G Crash bungs, Scottoiler, large screen, full Honda pannier, top box & racking.

Was a sad morning seeing my dear, dear, sweet yammy go, butseeing as I was offered 1400 for her on the trade in, I had to pretty much snatch his hand off!.

Changed my insurance over last night, scheduled for this morning - expires end of next month: £58 (Yearly quote was £730, but should be lower when it comes to renew)
Road tax, £76
That just left £1900 for the bike.

Well, the sun has been out, the roads have been dry, and the tanks was full of petrol, so, I've spent the last 4 hours paying with the traffic!

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
Dunkirk said:
Ladieez & Gentlemen!

I am VERY pleased to introduce you to my new mistress!

As soon as I got her home, off came the boxes!

She's a 2006 Honda VFR800 VTEC A6, with ABS.
20K on the clock, Full Honda service history, including the biggy 16K.
R&G Crash bungs, Scottoiler, large screen, full Honda pannier, top box & racking.

Was a sad morning seeing my dear, dear, sweet yammy go, butseeing as I was offered 1400 for her on the trade in, I had to pretty much snatch his hand off!.

Changed my insurance over last night, scheduled for this morning - expires end of next month: £58 (Yearly quote was £730, but should be lower when it comes to renew)
Road tax, £76
That just left £1900 for the bike.

Well, the sun has been out, the roads have been dry, and the tanks was full of petrol, so, I've spent the last 4 hours paying with the traffic!
That is smart!!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tell you what mate, she goes like the mutts nuts dipped in parafin and gently warmed over a blowtorch!

She'll be sweet for a tour of the emerald isle later this year :)

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
Dunkirk said:
I tell you what mate, she goes like the mutts nuts dipped in parafin and gently warmed over a blowtorch!

She'll be sweet for a tour of the emerald isle later this year :)
Wow, that is something I never imagined to be described to me ;)
Where abouts are you based man?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm Uxbridge way, NW london, not far from Bikerboy... he's had his eye on this one I think ;)

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
Dunkirk said:
I'm Uxbridge way, NW london, not far from Bikerboy... he's had his eye on this one I think ;)
Nice, next time there is an ace meet you should pop along, we stop in slough to meet bikeboy :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had to change my jeans for more than one reason after taking her for a test ride yesterday

Defo for the ace, I'm through slough quiet regularly (it's my link to the M4 and only 20 mins from home, plus my prefered service center)

Just discovered I have no dipstick! Arrrgghh!! One RTFM later, don't need one, its a visual check, peep through the window

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Dunkirk said:
I was checking it out
Pass the shop today your old bike was out but I to go home get little on from school

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guess Bill's had a pretty quiet day today, she was rotten when I dropped her off this morning :) Felt bad, seeing the vfr was nice and shiney...
I bought a new clutch lever the other day, hadn't fitted it, so gave it to him as well. She still needs an exhaust cap too!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Debating about sticking the top box back on, it'd defo come in handy.... but its a fair old size, 40L or so I think..... ahhh, decisions decisions!
Need to grab a horny devil tankpad too.... add a cigarette lighter point for the satnav....and plenty more i'm sure!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, no restriction, 107 pure, unadulterated brake

Reactions: Benji

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not so much, I know it was a bit of a 'new pants moment' creator on the pre 2005 models... it's there, definately, but the majority of the kick has gone. If you're not holding on it'll treat you to a wylie coyote, but its a godsend on the motorways :) even small inclines made the R struggle, often ending up in the crawler lane behind laden lorries and horse boxes, now I can overtake!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts