Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

Das

3K views 59 replies 9 participants last post by  Benji 
#1 ·
Got an assessment for my DAS booked this afternoon, if all goes well may have the L’s off for Matlock meet coming up.

Fingers crossed

#4 ·
What kind of bike you doing it on?

The farnborough schools get to do it on either an XJ6 or a Gladius.
VERY nice bikes :p

#7 ·
Well all the hard work this week end paid off, MOD 1 passed this morning. Nice clean sheet zero faults, emergency stop clocked at 58 kph, hazard avoidance run clocked at 52 kph. I cant beleive how quick it went, you dont get time to think you are being examined all over before I realised and going out through the gate.

#9 ·
BustaGuttt said:
Well all the hard work this week end paid off, MOD 1 passed this morning. Nice clean sheet zero faults, emergency stop clocked at 58 kph, hazard avoidance run clocked at 52 kph. I cant beleive how quick it went, you dont get time to think you are being examined all over before I realised and going out through the gate.
Good work mate... More people are doing this now I need to get off my arse.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

#20 ·
Cheers, not sure what to do yet. Nearly got tempted into a deal after the MOD1 but as they say only fools rush in. Was offered £2400 trade in against an XJ6 on an 09 with 4k miles. Need to calm down and play it by ear for a while me thinks.

#15 ·
BustaGuttt said:
All in including theory, MOD 1 & 2 test fees £390. Thats for a two day course which lasted about seven hours each day.

www.williamsmotorcycletraining.com

Nearly forgot the added bonus of a bloody good laugh with a great bunch of blokes.
I'm going to look into that here in London. Seems to be the best way to go and as been riding on roads for 6 months I should hopefully be able to do it within a few days. That place you used looks really good as I have used their videos on YouTube before but bit far for me.

#21 ·
I'm going to look into that here in London. Seems to be the best way to go and as been riding on roads for 6 months I should hopefully be able to do it within a few days. That place you used looks really good as I have used their videos on YouTube before but bit far for me.

Its got to be done, never felt so nervous since waiting to have the snip. Did you see the Paddy McGuinness videos?

#26 ·
That's the only thing about doing the DAS is that just because I could I might be tempted to go and buy a big bike sooner than I want to.

get your no claims up i wouldnt rush getting a bigger bike one of my mate pass is test few days ago trade is r125 for a brand new r6 he paid around £6,900 for the bike and 3k on insurance:eek: f that

#27 ·
bikerboy said:
get your no claims up i wouldnt rush getting a bigger bike one of my mate pass is test few days ago trade is r125 for a brand new r6 he paid around £6,900 for the bike and 3k on insurance:eek: f that
I'm not going to. I just want full licence out the way. I can't afford big bike and am not planning to ever sell my r125 I want a bigger bike as an addition.

#30 ·
I'm 30 and insurance is stupid high for me. I think because I have never had any type of vehicle before I bought my r125.

and you live in london mate! :) These guys live in the sticks! :hehe:

how much is it now on your 125 ?

#32 ·
I paid 595 for first year fully comp. with a silly excess to get it that low.

wohaaa, yeah defo being in london! I thought it would be cheaper due to age - 18 (19 next week) with a drivers licence (didnt count to nothing) at £900 =/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.