R125Forum.com banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an assessment for my DAS booked this afternoon, if all goes well may have the L’s off for Matlock meet coming up.

Fingers crossed

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
What kind of bike you doing it on?

The farnborough schools get to do it on either an XJ6 or a Gladius.
VERY nice bikes :p

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did my DAS assesment and got my MOD 1 & 2 booked for later this month. Bad news is two days training 17 & 18 March, going to have to drop out of the Meet in the Peaks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well all the hard work this week end paid off, MOD 1 passed this morning. Nice clean sheet zero faults, emergency stop clocked at 58 kph, hazard avoidance run clocked at 52 kph. I cant beleive how quick it went, you dont get time to think you are being examined all over before I realised and going out through the gate.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
BustaGuttt said:
Well all the hard work this week end paid off, MOD 1 passed this morning. Nice clean sheet zero faults, emergency stop clocked at 58 kph, hazard avoidance run clocked at 52 kph. I cant beleive how quick it went, you dont get time to think you are being examined all over before I realised and going out through the gate.
Good work mate... More people are doing this now I need to get off my arse.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not on my R, doing unrestricted DAS so its on schools ER 500. As for the U turn realy easy on the ER, be a bit harder on an R125 I would imagine. Looking forward to MOD 2 next Monday now.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
BustaGuttt said:
Not on my R, doing unrestricted DAS so its on schools ER 500. As for the U turn realy easy on the ER, be a bit harder on an R125 I would imagine. Looking forward to MOD 2 next Monday now.
Good luck with that. How much you pay for DAS?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All in including theory, MOD 1 & 2 test fees £390. Thats for a two day course which lasted about seven hours each day.

www.williamsmotorcycletraining.com

Nearly forgot the added bonus of a bloody good laugh with a great bunch of blokes.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Nice one on the module one, same again for two and that's it.

What's next bike wise, staying 125 or changing.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
BustaGuttt said:
All in including theory, MOD 1 & 2 test fees £390. Thats for a two day course which lasted about seven hours each day.

www.williamsmotorcycletraining.com

Nearly forgot the added bonus of a bloody good laugh with a great bunch of blokes.
I'm going to look into that here in London. Seems to be the best way to go and as been riding on roads for 6 months I should hopefully be able to do it within a few days. That place you used looks really good as I have used their videos on YouTube before but bit far for me.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
I just emailed a company in Surrey asking about courses and am going to stop spending on my bike and start spending on my licence instead.
Well said :) if you haven't noticed this is why my blog has died down! :D looking to pass then see what happens with mods :D maybe 180kit hehe

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
d-r125 said:
Well said :) if you haven't noticed this is why my blog has died down! :D looking to pass then see what happens with mods :D maybe 180kit hehe
182 is something I will be saving for next.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice one on the module one, same again for two and that's it.

What's next bike wise, staying 125 or changing.
Cheers, not sure what to do yet. Nearly got tempted into a deal after the MOD1 but as they say only fools rush in. Was offered £2400 trade in against an XJ6 on an 09 with 4k miles. Need to calm down and play it by ear for a while me thinks.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts