R125Forum.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So following the off topic chat in another thread...

Does anyone have a crash card?
Are they worth having?
And most importantly.. where do you get them?

In theory. They are little card which contains all your vital info, emergency contact, bloody type, allergies, etc. etc.
And it slips inside the lining of your helmet, and then you put a sticker on the helmet which alerts the emergency services that it is there.

They are, or were free from the NHS, but I can't see to find one anywhere!
The website says that I can collect one from the fire and rescue centre, but I asked them and they have never heard of them!

By the looks of it, I can collect one from a 'bike safe' event, the next of which will be at the BSB rounds at the various tracks...

http://www.ambulancemotorcycleclub.150m.com/infomation.htm

·
Registered
85 Posts
I did look into these a little while ago, and my personal preferance was one of these... http://www.utagice.com/
In the end, I got a fairly rugged USB pen drive, emblasoned the letters I.C.E on it in big, bold, bright paint, and on it stored all my emergency contact details / info as adobe PDF and plain text. Sits in my pocket along with a printed copy in my wallet everywhere I go. Just to help, especially knowing car drivers!

There's are some phone apps, but that depends on your phone surviving the worst, paramedics checking it for info, and the thing is, if you lock your phone, how would they get access to it?

Think I may also go for the dog tag UTag just to suppliment it...

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I did look into these a little while ago, and my personal preferance was one of these... http://www.utagice.com/
In the end, I got a fairly rugged USB pen drive, emblasoned the letters I.C.E on it in big, bold, bright paint, and on it stored all my emergency contact details / info as adobe PDF and plain text. Sits in my pocket along with a printed copy in my wallet everywhere I go. Just to help, especially knowing car drivers!

There's are some phone apps, but that depends on your phone surviving the worst, paramedics checking it for info, and the thing is, if you lock your phone, how would they get access to it?

Think I may also go for the dog tag UTag just to suppliment it...
Speaking to a friend at work today and has dogtags with all his info on so i may look into this

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Anyone looking to get a Dog Tag done you'll need following info (off top of my head)

Full Name, D.O.B., Religon, Bloodtype, Contact,

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
hmm...its a good idea abiut dog tags but i would forget them lol!
and i would needs a few of them stickers for my helmets lol...i have 3!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
MrAndy979 said:
hmm...its a good idea abiut dog tags but i would forget them lol!
and i would needs a few of them stickers for my helmets lol...i have 3!
My friend has the dog tags attached to his leathers, not sure how.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts