Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I just bought a used 2008 r125 with a malfunctioning display, so I bought an aftermarket display but obviously the connectors don't match.

I assumed I'd be able to figure it out, but I can't for the life of me find a single connector diagram that shows what wires goes to which function in the display. Ideally I'd like to wire the old connector to the new display, to avoid changing anything on the bike itself. I have a good (not great) connector diagram for the new display, but that doesn't help me much with the old connector.

I thought I'd be able to find what I was looking for in the bike's service manual, but that only shows partial wiring for the bike itself, and doesn't touch on the display. I also tried using a 12V converter to power individual wires to see what lights up, but nothing happens. When I tried this on the new display this method works perfectly, and I can see that the diagram I have is correct.

Does anyone know where I can find the wiring/connector diagram for the original display, or if there's a method where I can find out what the individual wires does?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
658 Posts
whilst there's not wiring of the display itself in the back, it does show the wiring of things leading up to the display - i.e. the inputs, in which case do you really even need the display wiring if you have all the inputs. The service manual also tells you quite a bit about each input in things liek the test procedures for each compnent, like what voltages/resistance it should have.

I've done what you're suggesting (on a yam scooter) and scaling of inputs: things like standardisation differences between resistance ranges of tank-level meters etc, will no doubt prove entertaining.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! It's comforting to know that someone else at least managed to do this.

The PDFs you DMed to me will be very helpful for sure. The one I downloaded didn't have the crucial last bookmark (wiring diagram) included which is what confused me as there was so much information missing. I really believe I'll be able to do this now. Thank you so much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts