Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
d-r125 said:
haha its a english saying... it means alot of hard work muscle and time scrubbing etc
Aaah, haha x) yeah havent really tryed THAT much getting it clean x) one thing more.. i have a tube of autosol chrome polish. Shall i chrome my exhaust? Whats your apinion?

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
I've seen it done a few times before, looks really good on red bikes, not sure about black. Can't remember seeing any

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Yes!

Makes sure it's cooled down sufficiently before hand ;)

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Chrome polish I have used does not work on the alu.

I use some autoglym metal polish and it comes up really nice! You don't even need to put in too much effort!

(Just remember to take the end cap off the exhaust first! lol) *clicky* *clicky*

The small tube would be enough for maybe 2 or 3 times. (You will probs need about 3 coats 1st time), then just do it again when it starts to go dull.

I went for the big bottle, as I have used it about 7 times, and there is still 1/2 a bottle left!

Reactions: Tom

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
31122012145.jpg

This pic sort of shows you what it is like, but it is much better in the flesh! (It was a bit over-cast on that day)

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Just do it man! Honestly, it makes it look like a completly new can!

You know the nut up on the yoke? You will get the same finish as that! It looks mint!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Take a look at the on the other forum *clicky* There are some better photos there than mine! lol

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Good Man!! Trust me... you will not regret it! Just remember to take the black 'cap' off of the exhaust first.

I found, if you do 'swirly' motions (round in circles), you can sometimes see it when the sun is on it right, so if you go with the 'grain' of the aluminium (you will see it up close). So polish in straight lines, paralell with the exhaust. It looks better like that!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Before you do it, beware that you will probably heve to polish it (with the metal polish) every few months, just to give it the extra shine!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I polished mine last week but I'm not really a fan.

You reckon you could wrap it?

Would look sweet wrapped in carbon but the heat might be a problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts