Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided i need new footpegs. the hero-blobs on the bottom catch my bots (yes, they can be removed easily) and in the rain it's like trying to get a footing on an oiled sheet of plastic. had a look and a word with a guy who has done the same, and these footpegs look a straight swap. anyways, they came today:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-YZ...cycle_Parts&hash=item56326d1fdf#ht_2926wt_952

ermmm... how do i fit them?

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Is it not just a case of removing the split pin underneath the pivot and then sliding out the bolt that holds the peg on?
I know there's a spring in there somewhere, but I can't see how it attaches, too dark

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I too would like to change mine as they well slippy when raining hard... Never looked at how pegs come apart but if those work for you i may try the same.

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Just had another look at the pegs Sam, pretty certain it's a case of undoing the clip and pulling the pin out.
The spring shouldn't cause trouble, looks like it just slides upwards with the pegs themselves.
Should be pretty straightforward bud

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
yea as killa says, the spring shouldnt be much of a problem...just be careful it dont fly away and never to be seen again!

·
Registered
242 Posts
them pegs look nice mate let us know how it goes

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i've read on both R6 and R1 forums that the right peg is riveted on because of the master cylinder but the left peg comes out easily. if it's a cotter pin, don't they break when you pull them out?

·
Registered
870 Posts
It's just a bolt and split pins

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
MrWhite said:
i've read on both R6 and R1 forums that the right peg is riveted on because of the master cylinder but the left peg comes out easily. if it's a cotter pin, don't they break when you pull them out?
Not if removed correctly with a press...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Scott Murphy said:
Not if removed correctly with a press...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
They not that hard to remove

image-1015365724.jpg

image-1271048215.jpg

Once you undo this clip just pull the pin out

image-1740538490.jpg

Not sure if the spring will work on your new foot pegs but you can try

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ive just fitted mine. Pillion pegs came off very easily and new ones went on fine (didnt realise there was a ball bearing in there tho) went to change my gear footpeg thinking I would remove the old one and rebuild the new one the way it came out. However the spring is very very tight and had a little metal spacer in it. Trying tothe bolt lined up with the bike, peg, spring, spacer, peg and bike again was a nightmare. What I thought would be a ten minute job honestly took me about 2 hours of fiddling as the spring has to be compressed to move the spacer in position. To cut a kong story short I now have to nice new blue pillion pegs but have put my stock peg back on the front. For some reason it went on fairly easy. If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated as I spent £23 on some shiny new pegs and cant use them :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts