Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changes to the theory test: the facts
From 23 January 2012 the theory test will be made up of multiple-choice questions which are no longer published in learning materials.
The reason behind the move is to stop candidates from simply memorising theory test questions and answers and learning by rote.

Looks like they are not only making the practical side more difficult, but the theory too!!!

Basically, long story short, As of now, the Motorcycle theory test contains unpublished questions.
Before, you could buy the practice questions, do them for a couple hours, and then be guaranteed to pass because you have seen all the questions before.

NOW, the questions you get, you will of never seen before!!!
The only way now to properly practice for the test, will be to read and memorise the highway code!

So basically, any of you who missed out on doing the theory test last year....
Start hitting yourself now.

http://lightningpass.com/changes-theory-test-2012

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Does this apply to the car Theory test also?
If not I'm going to go and kill someone.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does this apply to the car Theory test also?
If not I'm going to go and kill someone.
It would appear that they are changing both, but wether or not they will be changed to the same extent, I do not know.
It ALSO appears that they will only be gradually introducing the questions, so perhaps the earlier you do it the easier it will be? :S

You still have 2 days to do the easy test ;)

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Good; tired of all the blank bimbos memorizing the questions :p
Maybe we might be a little safer on the roads now!
Still need to do my driving lessons; glad I got my bike test wrapped up early though :boogie:

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ye
Good; tired of all the blank bimbos memorizing the questions :p
Maybe we might be a little safer on the roads now!
Still need to do my driving lessons; glad I got my bike test wrapped up early though :boogie:

I have decided. I am doing mine within the next month.
I keep going out riding with friends who have recently passed.

And all I can keep thinking... is if THEY can pass. Then I sure as hell can!!!

Reactions: Killachipmunk

·
Registered
762 Posts
This double sucks!!!! mine is on the 25th!!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
amazing how quiet this has been kept. it'll be interesting to see whether or not it's even mentioned after it comes in. i've got till October to get my Module 2 done, and December to get it all done before the silly-bugger measures come into force.

all i will say to you, gentlemen, is that there really is no better time to get on the road with your license. you're playing a dangerous game if you're planning on sitting on your CBT for much longer, but i'm sure you all already know that.

Reactions: Killachipmunk

·
Registered
712 Posts
I don't see the problem, if you understand the question the answer shouldn't be a problem. As long as motorcyclists remain a very vunerable road using group the licence requirements will get tougher.

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Had a quick read of the link Sam put up on .co.uk, http://lightningpass.com/changes-theory-test-2012, and it seems a lot more reasonable when you see that the official DSA book has an added "section of text" for Motorcyclists.
So they're not just going to expect you to know all about the highway code, they're just gonna make sure you understand the given guidelines, I reckon.
Still, would have been nice for them to have warned those that have already booked the theory in, eh?

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :hmm:
In most cases with the theory test a lot of the questions are common sense rather than actual knowledge. Most of the questions when i did mine where... "if you arrive at an accident first and someone is bleeding" the answers are usually stupid options like "ask them if they want a cigarette" lol the questions even if unknown are still going to follow a certain pattern and be a mixture of general road knowledge and a lot of common sense

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At the same time, there are a few that almost seem like trick questions...
You do have to be careful :p

Just bear in mind: They are looking for the SAFEST answer, not nesercarily the most logical :p

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts

Just bear in mind: They are looking for the SAFEST answer, not nesercarily the most logical :p
very true

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Fisher said:

This is true. So really just need to study signs and general rules/laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How was it?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts