Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, as some of you are aware, I need new speedo clock, been offered one with 10k on mint, but mine has done 16k, how do i go about changing the new clock if i can?

· Registered
380 Posts
You can tell DVLA that you've replaced it and they put a note on the vehicle record, not sure how that might show up on HPI type checks if you're selling at some point. Alternatively you could pop the front wheel off and whiz the sender round with a power drill (plus bit of tape to pack the gap etc) to crank the mileage reading up - it would a take a while though.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Al, lots of people seem to change the clocks just wondered how they managed.

· Premium Member
2,212 Posts
You could possibly do it at a dealership. There definitely wouldn't be a way to mess with the electronics at home (otherwise people would just wind the clock back like the olden days!) but if you went to a Yamaha main dealer, I'll bet they can change it for you with their diagnostics tool.

· Registered
1 Posts
You can tell DVLA that you've replaced it and they put a note on the vehicle record, not sure how that might show up on HPI type checks if you're selling at some point. Alternatively you could pop the front wheel off and whiz the sender round with a power drill (plus bit of tape to pack the gap etc) to crank the mileage reading up - it would a take a while though.
What’s is the thing you wind around to bring forward or set back the kilometres and we’re can I find it it

· Super Moderator
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
725 Posts
it would depend on what generation bike you have as to whether this is even possible - also I suspect this is not s straightforward as it sounds.

In the past I've had to swap out clocks/instruments on old golfs before and at the time you just made a note of the mileage at the time of change and the mileage on the new clocks and that was about all there was to it. Perhaps stick a note on the instruments noting the clocks have been changed (and at what mileage) when it goes for an MOT so the mot man doesn't think it's been 'clocked'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts