Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DSA has been reviewing the compulsory basic training (CBT) syllabus with industry stakeholders. This has resulted in proposals to:

introduce a restriction where CBT has been done on an automatic moped or motorcycle
give more flexibility in the delivery of the syllabus
make additions or amendments to the syllabus
Changes to the syllabus are unlikely before 2014. They’d be subject to regulatory approval and consultation. DSA will continue to review these proposals.

CBT guidance notes

Following feedback from the industry, DSA has published CBT guidance notes for the current syllabus. From October 2012 these will be used to support the Cardington assessment for CBT trainers as well as for feedback after standards checks.

The approved training body manual has been updated to include reference to the guidance notes.

Future DSA plans

This year DSA will also:

see if similar guidance can be given for direct access
research better CBT learning materials with trainers and learners
improve communications with learners on what they should expect from taking CBT and of an approved training body
CBT supervision: the way forward

Since the CBT manager team was introduced in June 2006, DSA has been reviewing how it conducts CBT standards checks. The aim here is to modernise this procedure to reflect the delivery of client-centred training.

Since most of you have adopted a more client-centred approach to delivering training, DSA has introduced a revised format of standard checks.

Focus of standard checks

Standards checks will now generally focus on either element ‘C’ or ‘E’ of the CBT course. However there’ll still be situations where supervision of other elements is needed.

Therefore the option of observing a full CBT course may still take place, where for example, repeated sub-standard performance has been observed.

A flexible approach to assessment

Adopting this format creates more flexibility in the way DSA conducts its standards checks. This should provide assessors the opportunity to conduct a standards check with two different instructors during one visit, for example, by observing element ‘C’ with one and ‘E’ with another.

This approach will benefit those ATBs with limited access to their CBT site and those instructors who are employed part-time only.

What hasn’t changed?

Aspects of the assessment which won’t change are:

what the assessor is looking for
feedback and reports

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Anyone else seem to think that this doesn't ACTUALLY explain anything?
I kept waiting for it to go on to a list of things that are actually likely to change, but it just went on to repeat itself.

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fisher said:
Anyone else seem to think that this doesn't ACTUALLY explain anything?
I kept waiting for it to go on to a list of things that are actually likely to change, but it just went on to repeat itself.
I think they are really confused

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts