Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really pissed off. Went to pull in to let a car pass, it was dark and there was gravel.... slipped straight underneath me.
Luckily i have r&g crash bungs so my panels were fine, but my back brake pedal is bent quite bait.
WOuld it be acceptable just to bend it back? As is still works fine.
Cheers for any help guys

·
Registered
141 Posts
I dnt know much about technical stuff, just was willing to add that im sorry that this happend to you the worst dmg that can hit you is the dmg done to your bike :D
hope you going to get it allright again so it wont be looking to bad
and dnt worry life would be way to boring if things like that wouldnt happen
good news is your in one piece and no major dmg on the bike heads up and be brave ill bet anytime soon someone will help you with this problem and
answer it in as much detail as possible. :D
for us "Riding a bike is like breathing if you dont do it youll die!" :D

Reactions: Tom Bark

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Really pissed off. Went to pull in to let a car pass, it was dark and there was gravel.... slipped straight underneath me.
Luckily i have r&g crash bungs so my panels were fine, but my back brake pedal is bent quite bait.
WOuld it be acceptable just to bend it back? As is still works fine.
Cheers for any help guys
I took it to my local Yamaha when I came off an bent my gear lever. They set it back in the right place :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dnt know much about technical stuff, just was willing to add that im sorry that this happend to you the worst dmg that can hit you is the dmg done to your bike :D
hope you going to get it allright again so it wont be looking to bad
and dnt worry life would be way to boring if things like that wouldnt happen
good news is your in one piece and no major dmg on the bike heads up and be brave ill bet anytime soon someone will help you with this problem and
answer it in as much detail as possible. :D
for us "Riding a bike is like breathing if you dont do it youll die!" :D
Cheers mate

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
You're fine to bend it back, use a lot of heat if you can- the metal's quite stubborn.
When I came off mine, I only bent it back halfway, I prefer the brake lever bent out more :p

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Yeah a little bit but not too bothered, the only thing is I'm selling it in 2 weeks to get a fz6, it happened at the worst possible time :p
ah poo :( gonna put the price down then, not a great time indeed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ah poo :( gonna put the price down then, not a great time indeed
Its all fixed now, just went round my mates house who's Dad is a mechanic, its good as new!
He also sanded down the chips on the exhaust and touch it up with some paint, and theres only a few stone chip marks on the fairing. All good and i'm so happy thats the end of it :p

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
ah that's good man, nice work. should get full price again then :p

·
Registered
141 Posts
So it end like "and he was riding his bike happyly ever after" :D
Good m8 repair for free everything coverd looks good so main thing is now you got more expierience in riding on gravel :)
turn up that song
Wish you a wide road and a good grip :)
there is always something good in something bad that happens :D

Reactions: Divers2

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
"Wish you a wide road and a good grip "

I like that :p

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Well done looking to book mine too! you do it on your bike how did you find it? U turn? how about high speed? did you just rev the crap out in second gear or go into third?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well done looking to book mine too! you do it on your bike how did you find it? U turn? how about high speed? did you just rev the crap out in second gear or go into third?
i tried on my bike about a month ago, failed on the U turn. This time i had training, everything went smooth and the bike used was really easy to manoeuvre, but it was incredibly slow, revved it as hard as i could in 2nd and just reachers 32mph, if you're doing on the r125 get loads of practise, but you have nothing to worry about on the high speed stuff, just the manouvering

1 - 20 of 20 Posts