R125Forum.com banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My name is Bridget but I prefer to go by Bri. I have 4 children ages 9, 8, 6, and 3 months. I am also a full-time student becoming a Nurse Anesthetist. I am very busy but wouldn't have it any other way! I look forward to getting to know you all!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not a biker.... YET!! I am trying to become a little more educated on bikes before I purchase one. I have always wanted a hot pink and black street bike! Just don't know what would fit me best. I also want one of those mohawk helmets!! I found this board by doing a google search!! I hope I find all the information I need here! :)

PS your bike looks very nice!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am not a biker.... YET!! I am trying to become a little more educated on bikes before I purchase one. I have always wanted a hot pink and black street bike! Just don't know what would fit me best. I also want one of those mohawk helmets!! I found this board by doing a google search!! I hope I find all the information I need here! :)

Hi Brihooter. I am glad to see another female here. Where are you from? You are going to love riding by the way. Its very addictive. Once you start you wil never want to stop.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Pambeacher!! I am from Arizona! I have a feeling I will never want to get off my bike once I learn how to ride! Is it that hard to catch on?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Pambeacher!! I am from Arizona! I have a feeling I will never want to get off my bike once I learn how to ride! Is it that hard to catch on?

Oh not at all. Its really easy. I love it. Makes me feel so free. The wind in my hair. The riding as fast as you can. I just love it. I don't know how I can ever describe the feeling that it gives me. When I have a bad day, I always get my bike and hit the road.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts

Thank you, stick around and browse :) and you will learn

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Oh not at all. Its really easy. I love it. Makes me feel so free. The wind in my hair. The riding as fast as you can. I just love it. I don't know how I can ever describe the feeling that it gives me. When I have a bad day, I always get my bike and hit the road.
You have to wear a helmet by law here unfortunately :(

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am so excited to learn!!! A lot of my friends own bikes. I still have no clue about them though, lol.

You're welcome d-r125. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
You have to wear a helmet by law here unfortunately :(
WHere I live its not the law. It used to be but not anymore. I find it very strange, because wearing a seatbelt is a law, but wearing a helmet isn't According to my calculations, I believe that no helmet is way more dangerous.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
I am so excited to learn!!! A lot of my friends own bikes. I still have no clue about them though, lol.

You're welcome d-r125. :)
It's great!
And real easy to pick up...

My top suggestions:
- Start on a small capacity motorcycle. A 125, or 250cc are best. They allow you to learn the skills of motorcycling, but they are MUCH more forgiving and you will be less likely to hurt yourself on them. You can also buy them fairly cheap!

- Learn to plan ahead. Once you get the hang of riding, learn to look ahead and forward plan. Don't look infront of the wheel... You should be constantly looking far ahead of you, and spotting potential hazards. This way, you will have more time to react if something were to occur, such as a car pulling out on you.

WHere I live its not the law. It used to be but not anymore. I find it very strange, because wearing a seatbelt is a law, but wearing a helmet isn't According to my calculations, I believe that no helmet is way more dangerous.
Of course wearing NO helmet is more dangerous.
I'm not saying there is anything bad about it... Just the way you talk about having the wind in your hair... I wouldn't know...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it's more dangerous as well. Especially because of all thosecrazy drivers out there that can't drive for sh**!!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
I think it's more dangerous as well. Especially because of all thosecrazy drivers out there that can't drive for sh**!!
Oh yeah, and treat every car driver as though they are trying to kill you! (most of them probably are...)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great advice Fisher!!! I am a big planner as well. I can't ever just go out and buy something spontaneously without doing all my research first.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh yeah, and treat every car driver as though they are trying to kill you! (most of them probably are...)
I don't see how people that drive like booty or can't even see over their windshield are still aloud to drive!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great advice Fisher!!! I am a big planner as well. I can't ever just go out and buy something spontaneously without doing all my research first.
I think that is really smart Brihooter. Its too big of an investment. YOu want to make sure you get exact;ly what you want. Its not like you can return it a week later. Knowledge is power.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can you imagine me buying some really powerful bike that tosses my 130lb body right off lol. I have fears like that so I gotta look into them!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Can you imagine me buying some really powerful bike that tosses my 130lb body right off lol. I have fears like that so I gotta look into them!
Which to us british people, is about 60kg or 9 and a half stone.

Which is hardly anything!

Reactions: Gweglez

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Unless you ask my weight.
At that point every girl in the room cries.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts