R125Forum.com banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last two fill ups have been with shell v power after running only bp ultimate, have to say not to impressed. First off when fill up with BP always sounds and pulls different and very nice, did not get this same experience with Shell. Mileage was my second issue as not as good MPG with the Shell as I get with BP, Shell was getting around 20-30 miles less out of a tank more on the first fill up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
yeah i too find bp ultimate to make a better sound but i use v-power mostly cos of it's ability to keep the engine clean, i'm not sure how good bp is at this

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gweglez said:
yeah i too find bp ultimate to make a better sound but i use v-power mostly cos of it's ability to keep the engine clean, i'm not sure how good bp is at this
Me neither but my bike been running pretty good for 4500 miles before using Shell so back to BP.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
yeah it seems to be fine, and makes a better noise :p

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
iv only ever used v power for some reson...i think its because there ant really a bp garage near me!
never tried it,but i think i will on my next fill up!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MrAndy979 said:
iv only ever used v power for some reson...i think its because there ant really a bp garage near me!
never tried it,but i think i will on my next fill up!
Make sure your rid of v power before you compare the two. See how different on second fill.

·
Administrator
10,701 Posts
I use both
The Bp seem cleaner I don't get all that black stuff out my exhaust like the v power

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
I use both
The Bp seem cleaner I don't get all that black stuff out my exhaust like the v power
I must agree here, I topped up with V power an noticed black lining near tip of exhaust.

I haven't got many BP Garage's near me, otherwise I would use them! Im currently near 200miles to a tank on the V power though! I still have 2 bars

·
Administrator
10,701 Posts
I must agree here, I topped up with V power an noticed black lining near tip of exhaust.

I haven't got many BP Garage's near me, otherwise I would use them! Im currently near 200miles to a tank on the V power though! I still have 2 bars
yea you can tell who runs v-power in there bike loads of black crap on the exhaust
when i use bp didnt have that problem
i fine is v-power engine seem hotter

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MrAndy979 said:
yea i will!
By the looks of it most people that use v power use it because they do not have local bp garage. I'm defo sticking to BP as usual but glad I tried I guess so now I know that BP is the better fuel (in my opinion, which as it my bike is the most important opinion) :D

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
my bp is closer then my shell :p only 1 mile from my house :p defo using bp all the time now

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
yeah, much better, growlier sound even on stock exhaust (modded of course)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gweglez said:
yeah, much better, growlier sound even on stock exhaust (modded of course)
Yeah I have stock and defo sound better with BP. I have big 24hour BP garage right down road from my house.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
I just like the V-Power because it cleans your engine.

Omar, your exhaust cap is black probably because of ALL the popping and flames from your exhaust!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
This discussion will be as conclusive as the old Pirelli vs BT45 discussion ^^

·
Registered
712 Posts
Only ever use V-Power, yes I work for a shell garage, but i have always used it, even before I started there.

Won't slate BP as I have worked for them guys off shore as well. What I will say is how are you measuring fuel economy is by the amount of fuel, or by saying that's a tankful when the pump cuts off, if it's when the pump cuts off, remember different pumps are set to cut off at different points.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts