R125Forum.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was very honoured today, was invited along to help test a relatively new track with a group of other guys, to see how suitable it was for bikes. It was fantastic, lots of grip, and plenty of run off (didn't use it). Got five siting laps, then 30 minute of open time, to go banzai. It was lunch time for the cars, but it was a cracking day out, and a great introduction to track riding, other guys were fast group and an instructor, but they wanted to chuck a newbie in as well. Photographer was superb, and got some amazing pictures.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Nice one!!

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
That photographer is a GOD!
I hope you plaster those first two everywhere, they're amazing!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks, they are on a few other sites as well Chippy. Sorry thought you had all seen the Ninja, it was a sublime instrument on track, couldn't hold off the S1000, but managed to get away from the blade. The Ninja was just so lovely in corners, pick a line and it would just follow it, the couple of flick flack chicanes were no problem either.

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Sounds like a good track for 125s!
I've been asked to do a few track days, but the thought of being constantly overtaken at crazy speeds by big bikes puts me completely off. I could probably have the lot of them in the bends (theoretically, I'm probably too wimpy).
So I think it'd be good to see some more corner-heavy tracks,

·
Registered
870 Posts
I would love to do some track days. Do you need a fully licence?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Wana start to hang off the bike, but wana be show how to do it properly. Did a couple at cat where i was over the seat and my feet was at the end of the pegs. But there's only some much you can do by looking at others. Am up for anything to improve my riding skills

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
bloody hell i love orange ninjas!! my mate wrote his off in october:(

u need to start a blog benji and show us that ninja!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Wana start to hang off the bike, but wana be show how to do it properly. Did a couple at cat where i was over the seat and my feet was at the end of the pegs. But there's any some much you can do by looking at others. Am up for anything to improve my riding skills
Have you read the ebook I posted somewhere?

·
Registered
870 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Best thing I have read and watched lately was MotoVudu, it's spot on, with easy access to the information.

After that, it's practice and more practice.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts