Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night, I had one of those dreams.
Kind of like the dream when feel like you are falling...

I dreamt that I was riding, and suddenly the front wheel, or the handlebars just suddenly fell off.
I woke up suddenly, with a jolt.

Just thought it was interesting, nice change from the normal falling dream ^^
Little bit scary though ><

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I've had dreams where I have crashed my bike and woke up on dream impact. But never had the bars come off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bars, or wheel, or something!
Just know that the front end went down...

Obviously the dream wasn't HUGE detail. But I got that falling sensation...

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It takes more than that to scare me ;)

:hiding:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Don't worry it's quite normal, had these for years, when I was xc mtb racing, I would be falling, and invariably I would puncture my lungs on a bit of branch. Now tend to fall of the bike, then bump my spine backwards over a kerbstone. Cheerful place my dreams.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't worry it's quite normal, had these for years, when I was xc mtb racing, I would be falling, and invariably I would puncture my lungs on a bit of branch. Now tend to fall of the bike, then bump my spine backwards over a kerbstone. Cheerful place my dreams.
I don't remember coming off..

I literally jolted awake as soon as I felt the falling sensation.
I wonder what causes it?

Might have to Google it I think :)

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
I don't remember coming off..

I literally jolted awake as soon as I felt the falling sensation.
I wonder what causes it?

Might have to Google it I think :)
just buy one of them dream reader/meaning book things... The old lady's have emm =]

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just buy one of them dream reader/meaning book things... The old lady's have emm =]
Ah yes, I believe my mother has one of them!

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
uh...

anyways, since we're admitting to weird thoughts of hurting ourselves, i have this never-ending nagging in the back of my mind any time that i walk past a hedge that a thorn will always catch the corner of my eyelids and tear open my eye. couldn't tell you why, i've never touched a hedgerow before...

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe, what I experienced is called a Hypnic Jerk.

Basically, as you are just starting to fall asleep, your muscles start to relax. And Sometimes, your brain confuses this, and mis-interperets it as falling so it suddenly flexes your arms and legs in an attempt to regain balance. WHY exactly this happens, it would appear nobody knows.

When you ACTUALLY dream about falling, in detail that is, it would indicate that you feel out of control, or you lack confidence.
The details of the dream should give you an idea of what it is you are anxious about. Supposedly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
MrAndy979 said:
woow intresting lol! i had a dream that i got my knee down last night:)
Lol I've had one like that but I crashed as had no sliders and just jeans on ground. I'm sure it is something every ruder wants to do at some point but my knee seems a very long way off the floor with my little legs. Lol

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Lol I've had one like that but I crashed as had no sliders and just jeans on ground. I'm sure it is something every ruder wants to do at some point but my knee seems a very long way off the floor with my little legs. Lol

lol!!!
no sliders? ouch!! haha!!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
just like conor cummins isle of man tt crash >.< that makes for some rough viewing

1 - 18 of 18 Posts