R125Forum.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a heads up, as suggested by Code, regarding my BikeTek paddock stand.

straight off the bat the thing was always dodgy. at first i thought it was because i'm a bit of a clueless tool, but after speaking to Andy today about mine and finding out that his stand also wobbled and sat at weird angles with the bike on it, i'm not so sure. the little plastic wheels it came with no longer rotate. it's mostly a case now of the front wheel rolling back to meet the stand rather than the stand moving towards the bike.

today, the rubber grip mat that sits inside the cup of the stand slipped loose. i needed to get the socket sets on the axel bolts, so the thing was already sat at a weird angle on the swingarm which probably didn't help. with regards to damage, i had the bike up by the side of the wheelie bin against the wall in the back yard, so it sat against that and seemed to settle. i didn't really know what to do. i can liken it only to what a group of 50-somethings must've thought whilst out at sea a few days ago. the good news is that i don't have any of the plastics on the bike at the moment. the bad news is that i don't have any of the plastics on the bike at the moment...

all seems well, but i still need to get the bike lifted so that i can get everything sorted out. i can't even wheel the bike to the garage down the road as half of my wheels are out of commission. i've bought the swing arm cotton reels and the hook fittings for the stand, but i'll be using it sparingly from now until i get another. it may well mean me walking up and down my alley way whilst lubing the chain, but i really do not enjoy putting the bike up at all. this was just the final thrust of the bummer.

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
On the one hand- that's an absolute bitch to hear.
On the other, I'm glad I heard it before I bought one too!
Can you not borrow some jacks or axle stands from someone? Just anything to support the swing arm while you get that wheel back on?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm going to ask some people to lift it up, i guess. i think with the hugger off, the wheel should roll in and i should be able to see better in daylight and it'll definitely be better having someone else with me.

Reactions: Killachipmunk

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
yea if i could do it again i would have brought the more expensive one instead!
iv just brought oxford ones and the bike dont move an inch!

·
Registered
870 Posts
thats why ive got a oxford

Reactions: MrAndy979

·
Registered
762 Posts
Lol can always count on Drew to come rub ya nose in it :)

Reactions: DW.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Bobbins fella, cups belong in the kitchen or in bra's not for picking a bike up with. The rear swing arm has way to much angle to do it safely in my opinion.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lesson learnt, really. should be here within the week.

·
Registered
762 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts