Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok during my test on Monday i had first problem with my bike and cut out trying to pull away, ran fine for rest of test and then at 80mph on the way home bike completely died and had to pull into hard shoulder. 2mins of waiting turned back on and got home (lowish revs)

Topped up coolant which was low and has been running fine this week to and from work, now i feel if something was wrong with the bike a warning light would come on???

Should i take the bike to dealer to have it checked or just put monday down to coolant levels and or water getting in somewhere due to very heavy rain on Monday??

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
i said previously same happend to be bike going crazy on high revs... not gona lie since that day the bike has worried me. When i have some time il go to my local and ask if they can have a quick look around. No harm in doing so mate. better to see a problem now before it gets worse?

·
Registered
33 Posts
In my opinion you should still go and check it out, just to make sure. There is no point of risking it, cause it doesn't take long to take the bike to the dealer. Try not to rag it too much and keep the revs low, the warning light might not indicate that there is something wrong with the bike.

I have to admit though, mother-nature is taking the piss with this kind of weather :/

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers lads yeah i will take it in just in case... Yeah this weather is really making every day riding a drag :(

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
yeah for sure i got the flu now too because everytime i ride to and from work i get drenched. feeling unwell and this weather together makes the day drag on and make me feel like shit. I havent gone over 7k revs since my bike went funny. it hasnt done it since... prob paranoid. anyhoo its good tryna see if i can get 250plus miles on tank haha

·
Registered
686 Posts
it may well just be the rain. my main beam doesn't work, now, and my bike also cut out and took a while to start. you've just got to clear the misfire. when it starts spluttering, clutch in and juice it. it's saved me every time, now.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Yeah, I don't bother taking the bike in.
If it runs fine... leave it.

If I took it in every time it did something odd, I would be constantly spending all my time at the garage.
I honestly would put it down to the wet.

My left indicator doesn't work at the moment, due to a large puddle I went through.
And on longer journeys, I tend to run on only 3 cyclinders.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fisher said:
Yeah, I don't bother taking the bike in.
If it runs fine... leave it.

If I took it in every time it did something odd, I would be constantly spending all my time at the garage.
I honestly would put it down to the wet.

My left indicator doesn't work at the moment, due to a large puddle I went through.
And on longer journeys, I tend to run on only 3 cyclinders.
Yeah bike running perfect and no strange smell anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Yeah bike running perfect and no strange smell anymore.

Up to you...
If you have a friendly mechanic, then no harm in popping in if you have time, and they aren't too busy.

But I wouldn't worry too much.
You would know if your bike doesn't feel right...

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fisher said:
Up to you...
If you have a friendly mechanic, then no harm in popping in if you have time, and they aren't too busy.

But I wouldn't worry too much.
You would know if your bike doesn't feel right...
My dealer I have to book in so a lot of effort and they usually have it for the day.

·
Registered
686 Posts
same with mine.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Ah, well I don't use a dealer. I use a local mechanic.
He's usually pretty good...

When I had my half-major accident, he looked it over to check the frame / forks...
And generally I go there a lot and ask him questions, and to generally listen to my bike...

Poor guy. I can never afford to spend money there though =/
I would love to give it to him for a day or two to sort EVERYTHING out... but I just don't have the money!

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Like Cam said really, get it checked quickly by a mate, no problems.
If you're gonna have to book or pay, I'd leave it. Give all the engine connectors a nice spray of WD40, or any water repellant you have.
If it happens again in the dry, or regularly in normal rain, then consider a better looking!

·
Registered
558 Posts
i would say its down to the weather too mate, my bike doesnt like the wet sometimes and if being in it for a long time, with the exhaust being so wet its much colder than it likes to be and the engine can cut out. iv had my bike play up abit but never in the good weather we have not very much off lol, tbh i use my bike alot and most days so now im not to massively worried when these things happen, when it first happend it shit me up alot tbh. but as we all know water and electrics/petrol engines dont mix :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts