Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday me and a buddy drove around for about 30 minutes or so, the bike (yamaha yzf r-125 around 45*** km) felt normal and all that, but in one downhill area i was in front of my buddy and he claimed he saw flames "standing" out of my exhaust (Leo Vince SBK GP Style EVO II full exhaust system). so i came on this website/forum to ask if it is bad for the bike and if it is any normal for old yamaha yzf r-125 models. (i have a 2010 model yzf r-125)

·
Super Moderator
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
707 Posts
if you've changed the breathing (e..g big pipe, filter etc) and not adjusted the fuelling sicne it's a gen1 it won't automatically adjust the fuelling like a gen2 (whcih has a narrowband O2 sensor), in which case it's probably running a bit lean which will possibly mean more popping and maybe even flames. Though it seems counterintuitive afaik it's somethign to do with th speed of the flame being slower or sthing idk exactly. A little popping/flames is normally ok but if it's doing it a lot then you may want to think about adding fuel.

More to the point, you'll be losing power by running lean whcih is a way better reason to fix your fuelling. I did an interview with Dynojet a while back (who make the power commanders) about options for sorting your fuelling which may be of interest: Interview with dynojet – in detail on power commanders | NorthCust - Built with love <3 - YZF-R125 Tuning, Stretched scooters, Custom parts and Fabrication Projects, Northampton, UK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts