1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got a shock today.
I am going through £10 a day!!!

Now, it isn't as bad as it first seems.
Compared to my 125, I was actually USING the full tank of fuel, whereas now without a fuel guage I am not letting it get too empty.

Also, I am doing 85 / 90 miles a day which is a LOT.

Long story short, combines motorway, and city mileage averages out to about 50mpg.

This is on a '94 400cc which is due for a service.

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Mhm, unfortunately sounds about normal.
50mpg puts you at 150 miles a tank on the R125...

·
Registered
712 Posts
50mpg that's not bad going, i'm getting nowhere near that, and i'm curious to see what it returns on track, i don't think it's going to be good, when you think my puma on a track day got 17mpg :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, was hoping you would reply :p
Am interested to see what you are getting on yours...

May be bigger, but at the same time SHOULD be more efficient...

All depends on how you ride, and the roads you ride I suppose.
I try to avoid stop start, mostly motorway / A roads at a steady speed.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Motorway, i'll be doing well in this county, got to travel over 25 miles before i hit the first dual carriageway, let alone a motorway.

Mainly ride B-roads and minor a-roads, and in a style that is brisk, seeing about 36-40mpg, with restrictor, most are national speed limit (yes officer ;) )

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Weeeeell, I'm definitely sticking to 180 maximum now, yeeeesh.
No way could I afford that much petrol :p

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Amen to that! i like getting nearly 300 miles of a £20 tank. Benji you may have said already but is there much difference with fuel consumption when fitting the 182 kit?
There will be a difference as we have a bigger CC, Engine is working harder etc But I HIGHLY doubt it will be the same as the above! LOL I think I once passed 180kit is my choice as getting a 600 and maintaining it and insuring it will kill me in London, too dear! Plus would be a great way to learn and handle a 600

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
i know a boy at college and he has a 172 ped...and he puts in £15 a day!!!
on a 172 ped thats loads!!
sayin that he does have a 25mm carb on it!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
MrAndy979 said:
i know a boy at college and he has a 172 ped...and he puts in £15 a day!!!
on a 172 ped thats loads!!
sayin that he does have a 25mm carb on it!
At college and spending 15 a day on petrol. I couldn't afford that working full time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
MrAndy979 said:
ino lol!
apraently it can hit 100 mph lol
I'd love it if I could ever see the 100 come up on my clock one day with 182 fully tuned and geared for it. Maybe I should switch to km on my clock and see over 100.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I'd love it if I could ever see the 100 come up on my clock one day with 182 fully tuned and geared for it. Maybe I should switch to km on my clock and see over 100.

haahahaa!!!!!
it would be nice! but it ant worht a grand lol

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts

Done that before mate! It's pretty cool! (apart from when you forget what the speed limit is in km!) (or when you froget you are in km, so end up doing 30km/h instead of 30 mph and thinking 'jesus, why is everyone driving so crazy today?!')

1 - 20 of 53 Posts