Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo guys! just wondering best place to sell the bike? obv no1 will buy on here cause of all problems n tbh i dont blame you, thing is Ebay is flooded with yzfs, can you sell them back to the dealers?

·
Registered
242 Posts
yeah you can. my dealer offered me 3200 for my bike a couple month back

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
eBay, and Autotrader are still your best bets!
Someone who is new to biking will go there first to find a bike...

Closely followed is probably Gumtree...

MCN could be worth a shot, but most people on there will actually be exsisting bikers and therefore will probably be more interested in bigger bikes.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Best bet is Ebay! I sold my mountain bike even though no one bidded, I had 20 people watching it when it ended they PM'd me and came next day to buy it. Saves me paying for insertion fees etc. Everyone looks for everything on ebay!!! Biketrader is the 2nd place :)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
If it fees you want to avoid then it is Gumtree all the way... I hate ebay so i guess i am biased but gumtree is usually the first place i look. Bike trader is ok but often get people asking to much money, on gumtree seems more realistic.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
If it fees you want to avoid then it is Gumtree all the way... I hate ebay so i guess i am biased but gumtree is usually the first place i look. Bike trader is ok but often get people asking to much money, on gumtree seems more realistic.
Yeah I agree what your on about with Gumtree, only issue is I sometimes do not trust the people who sell things on there, with ebay atleast you have some sort of system put in place to protect you. Whereas, gumtree is more informal in my eyes, however i use both now and have sold many times on gumtree! Met some weird people though!!!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
d-r125 said:
Yeah I agree what your on about with Gumtree, only issue is I sometimes do not trust the people who sell things on there, with ebay atleast you have some sort of system put in place to protect you. Whereas, gumtree is more informal in my eyes, however i use both now and have sold many times on gumtree! Met some weird people though!!!
Are you saying people do not sell dodgy or stolen things on eBay. Half the bits for our bike on eBay are prob stolen lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Are you saying people do not sell dodgy or stolen things on eBay. Half the bits for our bike on eBay are prob stolen lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
No my point is on ebay you can always report, or if paypal is used can use a dispute system/chargeback and what not. whereas on gumtree you may never speak to the person again e.g. they may never answer phone again or reply to emails and if you met them somewhere you defo cannot go back to there home etc. My point is Ebay in my eyes is safer. I think he will sell his bike on ebay easy! For a good price too as there are some placed on ebay at ridiculous prices

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
No my point is on ebay you can always report, or if paypal is used can use a dispute system/chargeback and what not. whereas on gumtree you may never speak to the person again e.g. they may never answer phone again or reply to emails and if you met them somewhere you defo cannot go back to there home etc. My point is Ebay in my eyes is safer. I think he will sell his bike on ebay easy! For a good price too as there are some placed on ebay at ridiculous prices
Good point but also i would never buy off gumtree unless i was going to the persons house.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
i'd take it back to dealers and use it as deposit and some of the money. that's just me tho

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
if he's getting a bigger/different bike of course
Im sure he is getting a car? Or is that someone else?

I think best to PVT sell, when selling items I advice you not to rush things because you wont get what your asking. Give it time and someone will come by and pay the price you want.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts