Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was told there is a big difference between these models i am just trying to work it out and get my head around it

YAMAHA YZF R6 -2006-2007
and
YAMAHA YZF R6 2008-2009
and
YAMAHA YZF R6 2010-2012

body work kinda look the same apart from colours
i know the ECU was change on the 08 up and the frame and get a bit more BHP

·
Registered
712 Posts
2008 onwards had variable length inlet tracts controlled by the ecu. There is a bodywork change as well in the seat unit area, it's more to do with how many bits. There are some swingarm length changes as well as some spring rate changes.

Is this what you are thinking of changing to?

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Benji said:
2008 onwards had variable length inlet tracts controlled by the ecu. There is a bodywork change as well in the seat unit area, it's more to do with how many bits. There are some swingarm length changes as well as some spring rate changes.

Is this what you are thinking of changing to?

Well it's on the list of bikes I'm looking at but I'm not sure my head is saying R1 07-08 you can get them same kinda price 5-6k mark

I'm just taking it easy reading review and asking friends who have them for test ride
What is your bike like Benji

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
712 Posts
What is your bike like Benji
It's big, orange and lovely :D

No seriously it's an absolute treat, did ride an 07 R6, which I found to be a very extreme position for the road, and the seat felt like a plank of wood. Power was good, didn't notice the mid range to be particularly lacking. Whereas the ZX-6R is just lovely, nice sporty position without being too uncomfortable, it likes to hussle along, it's not a pootler, it is happy to be chucked on it's side and then just carry on carving the turn, suspension is compliant, brakes excellent. The handling could get twitchy but the roads I ride regularly are so dissimilar to the roads you have shown in your videos, I put a steering damper on, as it is not unusual to get wheels off the floor round here. Scared some ramblers yesterday, launching her off a hump back bridge :eek: but nice straight smooth landing, no wobbles.

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks man
steering damper & engine cover and crash protectors
i will let you know how i get on when upgrading

·
Registered
712 Posts
Engine covers, i'm running GB racing, as is virtually everyone in the World Superbike paddock, and interestingly every engine in Moto2 is as well. Top kit, made by a top bloke, got tons of time for Graham.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts