Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been on a moped (both 50cc & 113c) for a few years now and I'm looking at getting an actual bike. So I've got my heart set on the r125. I'm mainly looking at 2014+ (simply because of the dash) however, I'm wondering if there's any major performance differences from 2010 to now?

I've seen reports that modern r125s can get to 80mph on the dash (note I know that this is not GPS calibrated and every rider is different). However, would this be possible on some of the older ones?

I also know that I won't hit "80" quickly and it takes time and effort but it would be fun to say the least.

Cheers :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
heya, as stock my 08 would top out at 82/83 (speedo reads about 3mph over at that speed vs gps, so.. 80 real).

earlier ones should be easier to tune since you're not fighting the stock O2 sensor...but if you're leaving it stock then various people I've spoken to have said the later ones pick up a bit quicker.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heya, as stock my 08 would top out at 82/83 (speedo reads about 3mph over at that speed vs gps, so.. 80 real).

earlier ones should be easier to tune since you're not fighting the stock O2 sensor...but if you're leaving it stock then various people I've spoken to have said the later ones pick up a bit quicker.
Awsome, thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts