A CBR for 4 years?
What gave up first, you or the bike?

You must be the most experienced 125 rider here then :p

Was the CBR your first bike?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, i had a chinese moped first of all which spontaneously combusted, then a red/black cbr which my neighbour kindly smashed into due to icy conditions on the road whilst it was parked and then I had a respol cbr which ive had for 2 years but i fancied a change. the cbr isnt suited to taller riders and whilst its fun throwing it around into corners there isnt much challenge when riding it. No real need for anything bigger than a 125, i have a car too so its just for getting too and from work and the odd blast around the brecon beacons

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
lol, i had a chinese moped first of all which spontaneously combusted, then a red/black cbr which my neighbour kindly smashed into due to icy conditions on the road whilst it was parked and then I had a respol cbr which ive had for 2 years but i fancied a change. the cbr isnt suited to taller riders and whilst its fun throwing it around into corners there isnt much challenge when riding it. No real need for anything bigger than a 125, i have a car too so its just for getting too and from work and the odd blast around the brecon beacons
I'm hiking there in a couple weeks :D
There WAS also a planned meet there, but I don't know if it is still happening...

Reactions: airwolf21

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You'll enjoy the walking, just avoid the men in camoflage clothing that frequent the area in march/april and september/november........ I live in pontypridd about 8-10 miles away from the start of the beacons. Terry's burger van is situated between two hills in a depression and is the most popular bikers pit stop in wales. On a sunday its upwards of 100 bikers there at any one time

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
You'll enjoy the walking, just avoid the men in camoflage clothing that frequent the area in march/april and september/november........ I live in pontypridd about 8-10 miles away from the start of the beacons. Terry's burger van is situated between two hills in a depression and is the most popular bikers pit stop in wales. On a sunday its upwards of 100 bikers there at any one time
I MIGHT enjoy it :p
I will be carrying a very heavy bag, and will be doing just over 10 miles a day.
Up the hills, down the hills, and up again, and down again....

If the weather is nice, shouldn't be too bad :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My days of carrying 50 kilos and a rifle over the beacons are long over thank god. Pen y fan damn near killed me the last time i went over it

·
Registered
686 Posts
we went over Horseshoe Pass in summer last year on the Wales weekend meet and there must have been at least 250 people sat in the car park of the pub. the only place i've seen more bikes is the bike park at Donnington post-race.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome. Street hawk?! one of my favourite shows from the 1980's! I know the stunt rider who worked on street hawk, if you google chris bromham you'll see he lives in cardiff and still has one of the bikes they used on the show

1 - 13 of 13 Posts