Yamaha YZF R125 Forum and Owners Club: Friendly bike community for all. Advice Needed Due To Chain Becoming Sentient (solved) | R125 Forum
Change
  1. BOTM Winner
    Congratulations grayej! You are the winner of November's BOTM competition!

Please visit the BOTM section to see more entries, or to enter this month.

Click here to enter!

Advice Needed Due To Chain Becoming Sentient (solved)

Discussion in 'YZF-R125 Area' started by AxionUK, Jun 28, 2020.

1. AxionUK

AxionUK

Maks
    Current Bike (Optional):
    Yamaha YZF R125 (2008)
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Hi there,
    New here but I've had my yzf for half a year now and have been lurking through posts ever since.

The title says it all really, long story short, chain is making a scary noise and readjusts itself every time it's checked.
    Starting with the readjusting - I look after the chain and sprockets quite well (I like to think that), giving them a clean and a lube up every week or so and adjusting the chain to the yamaha spec. However the last couple of times I've adjusted it I discovered that it's unbelievably tight and I can't think of a reason as to why it would become so tight. I'm damn sure that it's not the adjuster bolts getting loose or anything like that. Chain is checked on a paddock stand and is adjusted on a paddock stand.
    Now regarding the noise - I've done well over 2k miles and I'm quite irresponsible when it comes to acceleration at times I'll be honest, my dad says the noise (resembles sawing a piece of wood and is coming from the rear chain area) is because I've stretched the chain so much due to sharp acceleration that it's coming to the end of its lifetime. I usually trust him since he's got plenty more life experience than me but I would like that to be fact checked.
    Any thoughts on the adjusting and noise?
    All answers, advice and opinions highly appreciated :)
    Thanks
  2. R125Forum.com Advertisement

3. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Super Member

Current Bike (Optional):
    R125, R3, CBR929RR, R1
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    I would suggest that your chain has come to the end of its life. The sawing noise you refer to is when the stiff links are going around the front sprocket. Have you noticed any kinks in the links that do not straighten out again as the chain rotates? If you put the back wheel on a stand and turn it by hand you may also see the chain shake as the tight link section goes around the front sprocket. I have in the past got 7000 miles out of a chain but now I tend to change the chain every 2500-3000 miles.

I use kerosene to clean my bike chains.
  4. AxionUK

AxionUK

Maks
    Current Bike (Optional):
    Yamaha YZF R125 (2008)
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Oh ok, yeah that would make sense in terms of the noise. I'll check for any kinks/stiff spots today in a bit. I've done over 2000 miles on the chain since I got the bike but I don't know how many miles the previous owner put on it.
    Thanks a lot for the advice but I still got a couple questions/things that don't sit right in my head:
    I also use kerosene but I heard it's bad for o ring chains, is that true or just a myth?
    How does the chain coming to the end of its lifetime make it tighten up, I thought it stretches out instead of losing length?
    Once again, thanks a lot, really do appreciate this community
  5. misiozol

misiozol Member

Buddy all is in service manual, in short if chain is to stretched it will destroy sprockets, simplest way is to remove chain hang it by one side and measure it over all lenght and compare to new lenght plus additionally hollding by one side see how much it bends on links . If needs to be replaced buy ALWAYS new sprockets and you can invest in reinforced chain will cost bit more but in long run will cost u less. About chains with orings no need to grease them all the time as they have grease in side and you only making youself more job by cleaning as well use special dry grease for chains so sand particles dont catch on it and have exesive ware and tare due to sand, there are dedicated products for that ;)
  6. AxionUK

AxionUK

Maks
    Current Bike (Optional):
    Yamaha YZF R125 (2008)
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Alright, thanks a lot, I'll go ahead and order a new set of sprockets and chain right away. Will most likely go for 13T front to make acceleration a bit better so overtaking doesn't require a masters degree in geometry and doesn't take 9 years planning and preparation :p
    And thanks for the advice on the greasing, I'll take that into account from now on
  7. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    a worn drivetrain probably also isn't that efficient so whatever else you're probably losing a bit of go as a result ;)

this is the set i got recently, seems to be holding up ok to repeated abuse (~1500miles on it so far, 180cc bike):
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182021653468

also possibly of interest re chain maintenance [edit: sorry didn't know these were gonna come up massive]:

13t is super fun if you're only going around town and/or learning wheelies. If you do journeys over 20mins or which involve any sort of 50+mph road it gets tedious real quick since you can't be flat out at 10k all the time. That said, sprockets cost under a tenner, chuck one on and see how you like it. Top speed run on mine with 13t front:

AxionUK likes this.
  8. AxionUK

AxionUK

Maks
    Current Bike (Optional):
    Yamaha YZF R125 (2008)
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    The videos were quite helpful and insightful, especially the first one. With the second one I basically do that already except with a bit more mess since I tend to not use a rag - don't really want to ruin a rag each time I clean the chain (that stuff does not come off the rag I swear).
    And yeah I've heard fun things about 13T and I do mostly go around town - I go out practically every day for an hour or two just to mess about but honestly not a fan of the high speed in a straight line stuff; went to Leicester a couple weeks ago and back (140 miles x2), had plenty of unused mph and just sat behind lorries at 60 while looking as stupid as possible just laying on the tank completely (might've looked dumb but it was surprisingly comfortable). When I got bored I just sat at 70 trying to not speed while trying to keep up with people that either have way too much money, fake plates or just know where the cameras are. (Don't really fancy a ticket, not gonna lie) The top speed I could get was about 85mph downhill (82-83 since speedometer shows roughly 2 over at those speeds) but even then I'm not really bothered about losing top end. (I'm incredibly light, considered unhealthy weight but I'm pretty healthy as it is)
    NorthCust likes this.
  9. misiozol

misiozol Member

Do yourself a favor and buy big bore kit ;)
  10. AxionUK

AxionUK

Maks
    Current Bike (Optional):
    Yamaha YZF R125 (2008)
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    I like the idea of big bore kit but as soon as it comes to altering the engine of 125's I feel like it's too much hassle for too little outcome. I'd rather be patient and get a bigger bike in due time. My mates hope I get deported before I get my hands on a 500+cc bike because I'm already a menace on the yzf and we're all scared of what's gonna happen once I get more power :p The only death I'm content with is a crash on a 2017+ R6 or 2015+ R1, every other death can go take a walk :D
    NorthCust likes this.
  11. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    lol that's pretty specific. sounds like an easy way to avoid death then would be to get an earlier R1 xD

also big bore kit - if all you want is a faster bike then get a faster bike. What you pay for mods on insurance for what is still way slower than a sv650 (for example) which you can insure stock for peanuts, means financially it makes zero sense to big-bore. Plus you have to deal with the DVLA if you're doing that, and if not .. well then I guess it's not properly insured so can skip that step anyway so yolo.

That said.. if you have a special attachment to that bike, or just love messing with things to see how much faster you can make them or whatever, then go nuts. I love mine and I think it's right for me but I'm not pretending it would have been a 'rational' choice if all I wanted was a faster bike. For me it's about what I can do with *this* bike.
    AxionUK likes this.
  12. AxionUK

AxionUK

Maks
    Current Bike (Optional):
    Yamaha YZF R125 (2008)
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Well no, the other deaths can happen but i just won't be okay with them unless it's a specific R6 or R1 model :)
    I do want a faster bike but not so much for top speed, I enjoy torque/acceleration a lot more than just going fast. However right now I obviously can't get a bigger bike (not old enough) and I still want to improve my riding ability on the smaller bike.
    And I very much do have a special attachment to my yzf. Bought it off a met police auction for £672 (excluding delivery) and restored it. Its plastic was banged up really badly, some pieces were held up with tape and zip ties, lots of screws and bolts missing, headlights didn't work, frame was bent in places, pegs were inoperable, indicators broken, all that good stuff. This was the first time I took the plastics off after it arrived at my place. IMAG2123.jpg
    After about 5 months of on and off work and trying to balance college I turned it into a slavic menace that nobody seemed to enjoy the presence of: IMAG2424.jpg
    Then after a couple of months of riding I encountered a very deceiving corner and was a bit too confident - long story short, went over oncoming and off the road, broke one plastic panel and really badly messed up the paintwork. So after some thought I decided to give wrapping a go (what a mistake that was) and decided to go for a friendlier colour that might catch people's eyes: IMAG2688.jpg
    And right now slowly wrapping the remaining gloss black panels into matte black (with great difficulty) and waiting on another roll of purple for the tank as I miscalculated and didn't have enough.
    As of now the list of mods is:
    Dual headlight conversion
    Pillion pegs removed
    Rear seat cowling
    Aftermarket rear-set
    Custom rear brake reservoir holder
    Tank protector
    Reflective rim stripes
    Purple chrome wrap
    Matte black windscreen
    Makeshift cruise control
    Aftermarket clutch lever
    130 Rear, 110 Front Michellin Pilot Street tyres
    Custom exhaust
    Aftermarket bolt kit
    LED indicators + relay
    Aftermarket mirrors
    R&G tail tidy
    Custom L plate frame (lmao) - plastic L plate broke off twice
    Yuasa battery
    JT Sprockets kit (13 48) - waiting for delivery
    RK Blue chain - waiting for delivery

The total amount I've spent on it is: £1,386
    So yes, I very much do have a special attachment to my bike and it's been quite the journey and I'm hoping the mod list goes on since there's still a lot I want to do - just don't want to mess with the engine too much because I despise the design of this bike and have a love-hate relationship with working on it :D

Apologies for terrible picture quality :|
  13. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    wow it's come a long way, nice job :) Looks good in the purple. So that's a wrap then? looks like a decent finish too

> because I despise the design of this bike and have

erm I mean I know it gets a bit tight in there to work on but have you tried working on 4x as many cylinders in the same space? On my car you have to take the engine out to do most anything on it, so coming from that working on the R125 is a breeze :D I suppose if you're used to 2 strokes it might be different..
    AxionUK likes this.
  14. AxionUK

AxionUK

Maks
    Current Bike (Optional):
    Yamaha YZF R125 (2008)
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Thanks, it certainly has, but nowhere near as far as your's has come :D (read through the "My white 08" thread)
    Yeah that is a wrap, and trust me, it looks decent only from far away, up close it's a nightmare because I didn't sand down the damaged paintwork (that's underneath) enough and a bunch of other stuff that went wrong in the process.
    > have you tried working on 4x as many cylinders in the same space?
    Nope, doesn't sound like a lot of fun, which is why I prefer bikes :p
    My problem with the design is mostly to do with how the fairings are attached to the frame (takes me about 18 minutes per side to take off all plastics). I know that doesn't sound like a lot but it gets very old very quickly when your clutch cable keeps snapping and you have to take the plastics on and off constantly -_- . (especially considering that some pieces don't quite sit right due to the previously bent and now somewhat restored frame - the part of the tank that's under the seat can't even be secured properly)
    And I'm surprised that in the thread of complaints about the r125 no-one pointed out how impossible it is to do a U-turn when your bars are in full lock to either right or left - there's virtually 0 space for your hand because of the tank.
    I suppose you don't have that problem since you're using clip-on's right?
    NorthCust likes this.
  15. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    > up close it's a nightmare because I didn't sand down the damaged paintwork (that's underneath) enough and a bunch of other stuff that went wrong in the process.

ah damn I thought the whole point of wraps was to avoid some of the prepwork needed for paint.

> My problem with the design is mostly to do with how the fairings are attached to the frame

aah ok I see. yeah I guess mine runs without the boomerang and lower panels while I'm testing bc I only have a finite amount of zipties ;) I want to get it so that the cage works with the boomerang panels but I just know that's gonna be a pain in the ass every time I wanna check/adjust something.

The "V-Ixion Lightning" version of the FZ-150i has quite a funky lower section which covers the coolant tank and bottom of the exhaust.. I'd wondered about that as an alternative since it wont interfere with my cage but also does mroe to keep the original lines of the bike

[​IMG]

>> in full lock to either right or left - there's virtually 0 space for your hand because of the tank.
    I suppose you don't have that problem since you're using clip-on's right?

I used to think it would get v close to the tank but hey sportbikes. I have motox bars on currently which I like a lot and yep manouvering is no problem. It wrecks your aero so goodbye topspeed but my back and shoulders insist and being able to optionally sit back chill is nice too.
  16. AxionUK

AxionUK

Maks
    Current Bike (Optional):
    Yamaha YZF R125 (2008)
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    > the whole point of wraps was to avoid some of the prepwork needed for paint.
    It is and isn't at the same time - I used chrome wrap because I wanted to be fancy but turns out it is the second hardest wrap to do properly (compared to something like a matte colour or just glossy).
    Because of this when the light hits the previously damaged panels at certain angles, the transition between an existing layer of paint that was sanded down, to the plastic underneath is very visible (Image - red area).
    I'd assume that doesn't happen with less reflective wraps so the prepwork needed is reduced compared to paint.
    122.jpg
    However after going through the things that I went through while doing the wrap (rear seat cover was a literal nightmare, I wasn't that stressed and anxious at exams - combination of confusion, helplessness, failure and ocd), I'd heavily advise people to go down the paint route (unless they can cash out for professional work).

The blacked out version of my bike was done during winter in a garage with 0 heating and that turned out reasonable and only took a total of 2 hours of actual labour.
    Comparing that to the wrap - total time taken: 21 hours of actual labour - total pain endured: too much - times I wished for sweet release of death: lost count
    And that's not even including the tank (I dread the day the last roll of wrap arrives..)
    (Wrap is also a lot more expensive.)

> pain in the ass every time I wanna check/adjust something.
    That's just the naked privilege isn't it :D
    Don't have to take off 3 million panels to adjust Idle RPMs

That FZ-150i looks like a grown up grom :p
    To be honest I always thought that a naked conversion of the YZF (with the bottom fairing attached) would look really good if the engine didn't look so small with it's tiny pipe doing the wiggle out the front.
    Would you adapt the piece from the FZ or try to modify the one on the YZF and maybe add a new way to attach it without the massive knob sticking out of the side of the frame?

> I have motox bars on currently which I like a lot and yep manouvering is no problem.
    I might consider either moto-x bars or clip-on's with some risers soon-ish since I realised that I tend to ride the YZF like a supermoto around town and the stock bars don't really allow much standing up or sitting up.
    This also makes me realise that choosing the next bike is going to be VERY difficult because:
    A) I love the looks and sounds of supersports and will drool over the 2017+ R6 design till the end of time
    B) I hate the amount of panels that needs to come off when working on sport bikes
    C) I hate nalseds at high speeds because I just don't feel like one with the bike (body is less incorporated into shape of the bike)
    D) I love being able to sit up and stand up while riding and having the ability to do some "questionable terrain navigation"
    If only there was some transformer motorcycle that could switch between a supersport and a supermoto .-.
  17. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    yikes, see what you mean about the wrap. My experience is with paint so I'd probably tend towards that anyway but I was looking at other options just out of curiosity. Nice to get a take from soemone who isn't trying to sell a wrap job.

> Would you adapt the piece from the FZ or try to modify the one on the YZF and maybe add a new way to attach it without the massive knob sticking out of the side of the frame?

from that pic I'm only talking about the little triangle section which bolts onto the bottom of the engine and hides the exhaust, coolant bottle etc, and would replace the lower "chin" panel on mine. I don't need the upper "neck" panels from the fz, and my cage would fill in where the boomerang panels normally go. It just looks a bit empty with the cage but nothign on the lower front end fo the engine. Presumably that little section bolts onto the engine bolts like the washer bottle and the other stuff round there. I don't think it would need adapting.. same motor so should just bolt up. *finding* the panel migh tbe more challenging but I have a couple of parts people in asia I could ask. They get the Fz and R15 (international version) stuff which we don't.

> This also makes me realise that choosing the next bike is going to be VERY difficult because:

ha, same...tbh I quite like how mine is a bit of a chameleon in that sense..none of the changes I've made are permanent so over the course of the seasons it goes from totally stock panels, tyres etc (supersport style but with comfy bars)... but throw the winter/mud rims+tyres on and the cage and panniers it basically becomes like a small adv bike and you're ready to trek pretty much anywhere in any weather (except really deep mud).

That said my "next bike" (already here) is a pure dirt bike so perhaps that means I'll take that instead when it gets gnarly instead of chasing my poor yzf thru the mud, so maybe it's about having the right tool for the job rather than finding one tool to do every job? idk. That's the plan anyway... ;)
  18. AxionUK

AxionUK

Maks
    Current Bike (Optional):
    Yamaha YZF R125 (2008)
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    > It just looks a bit empty with the cage but nothign on the lower front end fo the engine.
    Oh my bad, I could've sworn that you had the cage AND the lower chin panel at the same time. That's why I was wondering why you want the panel from the FZ, since I thought you already had the YZF chin panel on. (Thought that maybe the upper attachment on the YZF chin panel interferes with the cage - which it clearly does duh, smart me..)

> I don't think it would need adapting.. same motor so should just bolt up.
    You never know, the 08 yzf design loves to complicate fairing attachments. Prime example would be the lowest panel for the side stand, a piece of metal that sticks out towards the back that's attached by a single nut. That piece of metal was initially bent on mine which made the side stand slam into the plastic and not retract fully, it took way longer than I'd like to admit to bend that piece of metal into a shape that allows the panel to sit properly. So I wouldn't put different over-complicated fairing attachments past yamaha :D

> but throw the winter/mud rims+tyres on
    Not gonna lie, I love the way yours looks with the winter tyres on, they just have more texture to them than summer street tyres and give the bike a more aggressive look. (Also takes attention away from the fact that it's a 130 rear which looks very funny on a somewhat big looking bike)

> and you're ready to trek pretty much anywhere in any weather
    Sounds great in case I decide to take another totally planned dive off the road :p
    However even if I had more rain/snow oriented tyres I doubt I'd go out in that weather - went through 3 different storms with 0 waterproofs on my 3 hour trip to Leicester, fun times

> That said my "next bike" (already here) is a pure dirt bike
    And what would that be? If you don't mind me asking of course :)

P.S. after seeing all the things you've done to your bike I'm surprised you're still rocking the factory indicators, but each to their own I suppose :D
  19. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    the chin/undertray panel does fit it's just a bit of a pain in the ass and/because is held together with zipties, i was just trying to find soemthing a bit neater. idk, she just seems to end up with the panels off a lot of the time

>>> I don't think it would need adapting.. same motor so should just bolt up.
    >>You never know, the 08 yzf design loves to complicate fairing attachments. Prime example wou

aah ok idk re later ones. I just figured the same bolts would be there for the motor casing so should bolt up.

>> That said my "next bike" (already here) is a pure dirt bike
    >And what would that be? If you don't mind me asking of course

not at all.. it's a gasgas txt pro 280 :D 280cc two stroke trials bike. totally outside my comfort zone technically as I don't really like 2 stroke and I super don't like carbs. lol. but I wanted to learn wheelies/drifting/stunting on something I didn't mind dropping, also on mud so it's softer when I fall off. Plus I like exploring and was sorta working towards what seems to be called "urban freeriding". It's got twice the power of the R125 with half the weight (~70kg) and all the power is available *immediately*. It's about the most dense/lightweight power package I've found, and which I could reasonably drag out of the mud on my own. I'm just in the (hopefully) final stages of getting it through the mot. I've now ridden it through town to and from the first mot (long way around) and it's f**king bonkers (in a good but also pretty scary way). currently it only does about 50mph but it pretty much teleports within that range.

the pics from twitter came up massive so here's links instead:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbH62tSVcA01fdF?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbxZ8UeXQAg7IHc?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

>> P.S. after seeing all the things you've done to your bike I'm surprised you're still rocking the factory indicators, but each to their own I suppose

ha actually after breaking another one for the millionth time I got pissed off and shaved the front ones off sio now it jsut has flush LEDs. Idk if they'#ll be a permanent solution but a £20 fine every time I hit the gate with my indicator is getting annoying. I was thinking of putting led strips up the tail so I could ditch the rear indicators. I've got some dinky led ones since but have to figure out what the deal with with adding a load so that they dont flash super fast and haven't gotten into that yet:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbTh10dXgAQXo6g?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
  20. AxionUK

AxionUK

Maks
    Current Bike (Optional):
    Yamaha YZF R125 (2008)
    License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    > is held together with zipties
    How on earth..? Are the zipties on the under part? And do you not have any plastic push rivets?

> it's a gasgas txt pro 280
    Looks real nice :)
    You can't really sit on those can you? So you are still gonna be a bit limited in terms of stunting (no tank sitting or wacky combos with rear slider cages/rear seat) right?
    Also I swear the trials bikes have a million inches of suspension travel, wouldn't that mean that it's harder to pull off smooth wheelies and stoppies and whatnot? (not an expert in the subject obviously, never done any of those *yet*)
    Speaking of tank - how much can you fit in that? And what's the mpg like just out of curiosity?

> shaved the front ones off
    Shaved them off? Is that just a really elaborate term for "unbolted them"? :D

> so that they dont flash super fast
    I bought a set of LED indicators (they are pretty useless during daytime if I'm honest) and they did flash super fast (which is an mot fail/advisory I'm pretty sure). The initial solution to that was to alter the variable resistor in the LED relay, but mine was filled in with resin (weird), to protect against weather I guess? So I bought a relay meant specifically for LED indicators off ebay for like 4-5 quid and that automatically made them flash at the right speed.
  21. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    > is held together with zipties
    >How on earth..? Are the zipties on the under part? And do you not have any plastic push rivets?

I think the rear part still has bolts but the things where the plastic rivets should be were long gone so there's a bit of drift stitching holding ithe two halves together at the front

> You can't really sit on those can you?
    not really but you can sorta squat on one boot and that's ok but yeah basically you're standing, which is in itself interesting with something which accelerates so fast.

> So you are still gonna be a bit limited in terms of stunting (no tank sitting or wacky combos with rear slider cages/rear seat) right?

I haven't ruled out fitting a scrape bar but there's a way to go before that's a problem. I'm not really interested in whacky combos, just drifting and standup/circle wheelies (idk why) and it will do all of that and loads more by design. It's also so that I can go exploring - be that thru abandoned buildings/urban or out in the mud. or just "oh that looks like an interesting ledge let's try dropping off that". Loads of geenlaning routes near me too whcih it would be perfect for.

> Also I swear the trials bikes have a million inches of suspension travel, wouldn't that mean that it's harder to pull off smooth wheelies and stoppies and whatnot? (not an expert in the subject obviously, never done any of those *yet*)

it has maybe 5-6 inches of travel I think. something like a yz250 would probably have a bit more but they're also a bit bigger and heavier overall so idk. with the amount of power on tap wheelies will definitely not be a problem. What most people count as "stunting" seems with trials just counts as "basic bike control", but yeah there's perhaps more preloading forks with your weight etc than on a street bike.

It's not tuned for top end though - so on a yz250 you'll see they have the mad bulbous race pipes which curve around the frame for max power at whatever rpm and the classic ringdidididid 2 stroke sound. These dont have that but instead are tuned for torque from 0 basically..more of a "BWAAARP" and then the power drops off, so that you can leap from whatever to whatever from standing. So, no mad top end really but huge torque more evenly thru the range. I've just got a front sprocket with an extra tooth which should give it a little more top end and maybe make a bit more use of the gearbox rather than just leave it in 5th the whole time.

> Is that just a really elaborate term for "unbolted them"?
    well it's more replaced then with flush fitting leds.. but yeah baically xD

> I bought a set of LED indicators ..right speed.

pass, not looked into it yet