Yamaha YZF R125 Forum and Owners Club: Friendly bike community for all. 2014 Engine In A 2010 ? | R125 Forum
Change
  1. BOTM Winner
    Congratulations grayej! You are the winner of November's BOTM competition!

Please visit the BOTM section to see more entries, or to enter this month.

Click here to enter!

2014 Engine In A 2010 ?

Discussion in 'Technical / Mechanical Discussion' started by Rexeriot, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Rexeriot

Rexeriot

Current Bike (Optional):
    Kawasaki zrx1100
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    Hi I'm trying to fit a 2014 engine in a 2010 model . Is it possible as I have many connectors that dont match up ? Can it be done or am I wasting my time ? Thanks
  2. R125Forum.com Advertisement

3. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    you'll likely need the 2014 wiring loom and dash since things like the TPS, dash etc are all different. Doesn't the later one have an 02 sensor too even or is that the 2018>?
  4. misiozol

misiozol Member

All is same, only plug can be diferent is alternator/CKP as this cant be replaced easly/only by replacing stator/ hack/slash loom all other can be done by changing sensors etc.
  5. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    when did the TPS and stuff change then.. wasn't it you who was having a mare with a v2 throttle body and tps sense? or is that a later revision?
  6. misiozol

misiozol Member

7. Rexeriot

Rexeriot

Current Bike (Optional):
    Kawasaki zrx1100
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    I've managed to get the bike started and sounds good. The issues I have is that the engine management light is on. The engine I put in has an oxygen sensor but there is no plug in the loom for it so that should not be a problem... would be if it was the other way round . There is a plug on the engine casing behind the starter motor. Have no idea what it is or anything to plug into it .... any ideas ? The other issue is that the clutch lever on the engine moves but with very little tension and is not engaging. Is there a quick fix for this ? Thanks guys .
  8. misiozol

misiozol Member

photo would help ;)
  9. Rexeriot

Rexeriot

Current Bike (Optional):
    Kawasaki zrx1100
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    Found out the plug behind the starter is the speed sensor. As the bike has a manual cable , it's not needed. Further investigations needed for the management light I guess. Just need to sort the clutch issue .