Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I pissing into the wind with my K&N air filter?

It’s paired up with a full scorpion exhaust..

But, if it’s only going to make the bike run lean.. are there any positives at all ??

·
Super Moderator
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
658 Posts
Afaik the newer bikes have a narrowband o2 sensor so whatever you do it's going to try and run stoich (which is what it's always done), which I think is also why (traditional) power commanders etc don't work on them.

I suspect this would have been more of an issue on a gen1 which has no o2 sensor, and hence the fuelling would benefit from being adjusted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Afaik the newer bikes have a narrowband o2 sensor so whatever you do it's going to try and run stoich (which is what it's always done), which I think is also why (traditional) power commanders etc don't work on them.

I suspect this would have been more of an issue on a gen1 which has no o2 sensor, and hence the fuelling would benefit from being adjusted.
V E R Y interesting!!! Can anyone confirm this?

·
Super Moderator
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
658 Posts
see this thread from when Hildero tried to tune his gen2, and it kept adjusting it back (presumably to stoich)...

afaik he did find a fuel controller for gen2 in the end (rapidbikes controller allegedly works up to 2016) but the bike had other problems so abandoned the tuning efforts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts